How often should I have my eyes checked if I have glaucoma?

Dr. Harvey Fishman
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
Most glaucoma specialists will see you every three to four months.
However in severe forms, you may be seen more often. In less severe forms or forms where you are a suspect it may be every 6 months . Depends on the risk factors of the individual and the characteristics of the eye.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Harvey Fishman
Dr. Harvey Fishman
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: At least 3-4 months
Well-controlled glaucoma can be followed every 3-4 months, but in certain cases, you may need to be see more frequently (if pressure is too high, new medicines or treatments are being evaluated, or tests are showing new changes).
Each eye doctor has a particular regimen that he/she may follow, and it is important that you keep your appointments, even if they seem too frequent.

In brief: At least 3-4 months
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
If you have glaucoma, the next important step to determine is whether or not your disease is stable.
Oftentimes, stable disease is followed every 3-4 mo if good vision remains, and unstable disease is checked on more frequently. At the beginning with a new provider, visits may be more frequent to have several pressure checks and to get a better idea of your disease.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. William Forsythe