How much red wine is necessary to drink to lower eye pressure caused by glaucoma?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: None
Red wine has not been shown to reduce eye pressure.
No dietary regimens reduce pressure sufficiently to be effective. You would be much better off using medication and any other treatment recommended by your eye doctor than to risk permanent vision loss with unproven treatments.

In brief: None
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Bud Kurwa
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not helpful
Red wine has some heart related benefits, there is no study to show it has any value in glaucoma.

In brief: Not helpful
Dr. Bud Kurwa
Dr. Bud Kurwa
Dr. Michael Savetsky
Ophthalmology
In brief: Glaucoma
I strongly recommend against this.
You need eye drops that lower pressure. Not wine. And regular exams 3 times a year. Do not mess around with glaucoma - you can literally go blind from it.

In brief: Glaucoma
I strongly recommend against this.
Dr. Michael Savetsky
Dr. Michael Savetsky
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not a good idea
Alcohol has a minimal ocular hypotensive effect.
To over indulge in drinking alcohol for an extremely minimal and ineffective treatment for glaucoma is not a standard of care recommended treatment. I advise well proven and standardized treatments for managing glaucoma.

In brief: Not a good idea
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Jack Hinkle