Is it a good idea to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes while on the computer?

Dr. Bud Kurwa
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

A bright computer monitor may give you glare but the screen can be dimmed.
But its not generally necessary to wear sunglasses.

In brief: No

Dr. Bud Kurwa
Dr. Bud Kurwa
Dr. Michael Mong
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not exactly...

Sunglasses are used for comfort and to block the harmful effects of ultra-violet light.
Your computer should not be giving off uv light so sunglasses are not needed for that. They might add some comfort in certain lighting situations. I do not think most people would find them helpful. I you do, I do not think that is a problem. It is best to adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast.

In brief: Not exactly...

Dr. Michael Mong
Dr. Michael Mong