Is anesthesia used during a cardiac catheterization?

Yes . Most of cardiac catheterizations in usa are perform by sedation by non-anesthesia trained personnel. Mostly register nurses. Few use monitor anesthesia care. Variability between medical centers.
Yes. During cardiac catheterization the patient is sedated and monitored, which is usually called monitored anesthetic care (mac) with sedation or mac/sedation. The mac/sedation procedure may consist of several types of sedatives and analgesics, alone or in combination as well as local anesthesia injected at the catheter insertion site, to keep you pain free and comfortable.
Sometimes. Cardiologists usually do cardiac catheterization with some form of sedative for the patient. This is just to make the experience more pleasant. It is very unusual to have an anesthetic requested for a straight cath. If the procedure is more complicated, such as ablations, cardioversions and so forth, anesthesia may be involved. Discuss your case with your doctor.