Are there glasses for programmers to block peripheral vision?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe so

Computer programmers have needs that are different from other computer users.
Age and need for glasses also play important roles. The stronger the prescription need, the more peripheral distortion exists. There are several glasses that come either with "blinders" or wrap-around lenses. Your optometrist or optician can likely build or modify a pair of glasses to accomplish your goal.

In brief: Maybe so

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology

In brief: Why block?

I am not certain that blocking out peripheral vision is such a good idea in computer use.
Even if you are concentrating on a programming task, it is helpful to rest the eyes intermittently and look around your environment. Task specific computer glasses that focus you at your screen distance may help ergonomically to focus.

In brief: Why block?

Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Peter Kurzweil