Can I determine my vision from my corrective lens prescription?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology
In brief: Roughly
There is a rough correlation between the prescription and the vision chart-- for each line on the vision chart, there is approximately 0.
25 d change in the prescription. So you can estimate your vision based on this formula.

In brief: Roughly
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not really
The numbers in a prescription only define far or nearsightedness and astigmatism.
Rough estimates can be extrapolated from the prescription but can be affected by retinal, corneal or lens disease. The best way to see what the "best corrected" vision with glasses is to use an eye chart.

In brief: Not really
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira