What happens if I use annual contact lens longer than a year?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: Bad idea
Standard response for changing the lens case is 3-6 months.
Best to always check to see if it's dirty. Using longer than a year may increase chances for a contact lens related corneal infection.

In brief: Bad idea
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. William Becker
Ophthalmology
In brief: Could be trouble.
I know it is cheaper to keep them, but do not put your eyes at increased risk of infection.
The safest soft lens is the daily disposable, then 2 week wear, then extended wear, and least safe is the yearly one. They carry deposits and bacteria for a long time and increase your chance of getting a corneal infection.

In brief: Could be trouble.
Dr. William Becker
Dr. William Becker
Dr. Adam Smith