Can you use contact lens disinfecting solution as eye drops?

Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Disinfectants are harsh chemicals that are hard on your eyes.
Your eyes can tolerate a small amount of these when inserting your contacts. If your eyes are dry, use rewetting drops, preferably the ones that are designated for use with contact lenses.

In brief: No
Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. William Becker
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not supposed to.
I have asked the same question, since you can rinse the lens with it and place it in your eye, this is a fair question.
You are not supposed to, but in a pinch, i might do this. It is better than having the lens dry out on your eye. (if you had a severe chemical burn, i would recommend you use this to flush your eye out.) good question-a bit controversial. Not all will agree with me.

In brief: Not supposed to.
Dr. William Becker
Dr. William Becker
Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Not recommended. Particularly if it's a red top, hydrogen peroxide disinfecting solution -- never use that which can cause corneal burns.

In brief: No
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Steven Seres