My husband age 45 takes blood pressure medicines twice still his BP is high..., when his BP is high creatinine level also increases..?

Dr. John Szawaluk
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: See Below

He needs to see a nephrologist or a hypertension specialist for further evaluation.

In brief: See Below

Dr. John Szawaluk
Dr. John Szawaluk
Dr. Howard Rubin
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Hypertension

His accelerating hypertension needs more thorough evaluation possibly with a nephrologist and soon.

In brief: Hypertension

Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Howard Rubin

In brief: Kidney involvement

Not that uncommonfor a hypertensive to need more than 1, 2 or 3 medications to control bp.
Agree to certainly have him investigate the creatanine issue.

In brief: Kidney involvement

Dr. Richard Williams
Dr. Richard Williams
Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Hypertension

I have several questions.
Is his BP worse now than it was 6 months ago? Is he taking more than 4 BP meds? Does he have an increasing creatinine? If the answer is yes, you should see a nephrologist (n) to make sure he is on maximum doses of his BP meds. If he is, causes for uncontrolled hbp such as a renal artery stenosis or conn's syndrome, need to ruled out. Ask your h's doctor to refer him.

In brief: Hypertension

I have several questions.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine