My son accidentally hit my eye a couple nights ago and scratched the cornea. What can I do?

Dr. Michael Mong
Ophthalmology
In brief: That's easy...
See your ophthalmologist, especially if it is still hurting.
This is a really common thing to happen. Try to keep the child's nails trimmed and watch for flying fingers.Bad.

In brief: That's easy...
Dr. Michael Mong
Dr. Michael Mong
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology
In brief: Artificial tears
If the irritation is minor - artificial tears every few hours for 2 days is usually sufficient.
If the abrasion is large sometimes a bandage soft contact lens with antibiotics must be used. Some patients don't heal well and have recurrent corneal erosion after injury and require more extensive treatment such as laser or stromal puncture.

In brief: Artificial tears
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Jonathan Jassey