Infected root canal, swollen cheek, drained puss, retreated rc, antibio's. 1 day later less but still swollen, moderate pain high in cheek. ?

Dr. Jeffrey Krantz
Dentistry

In brief: Residual infection

The swelling will take a couple of days to resolve.
Stay on the antibiotics as prescribed and follow up with your dentist or the endodontist.

In brief: Residual infection

Dr. Mazin Kizy
Dentistry

In brief: Ok

I'm unsure what your question is.
It sounds like you are getting better after you had a root canal retreated but i'm not sure. After a root canal is retreated, some pain for a few days is normal. Call your dentist if you have any question.

In brief: Ok

I'm unsure what your question is.
Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry

In brief: Retreatment

This is normal for this type of situation especially if the root canal was instrumented and filled before the antibiotics had time to kick in.
Take what your dentist rxd for pain or Motrin if you were not given an rx. It will get better just needs time.

In brief: Retreatment

Dr. Shontae Buffington