Are there surgeries to repair eye injury in the fovea centralis?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
The fovea is the most sensitive part of the eye, responsible for sharp detail vision.
Macular translocation surgery moves the fovea to another part of the eye in cases of certain macular diseases, but the success rate is mixed, and the surgery is risky. Discuss all options with your ophthalmologist.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. John Odette
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
I recommend a good evaluation from a retina specialist to discuss your options.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. John Odette
Dr. John Odette
Dr. Bernard Godley
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery
In brief: Macular Hole
Macular hole is one of the most common forms of damage to the fovea centralis.
The picture to the right shows a circular defect in the center of the retina. Repair needs to be addressed through an internal approach using vitrectomy techniques. Gas, or oil and face down positioning may also be used.

In brief: Macular Hole
Dr. Bernard Godley
Dr. Bernard Godley