Which doctor should I go for pink eye/eye infection?

Your friendly GP/FP. Pink eye (viral or allergic) and bacterial conjuctivitis are usually straight forward uncomplicated problems that any general physician or family physician should be able to help. Remove any contact lenses when the eyes get such problems by the way. Warm saline compresses may help. The purpose of seeing a physician is to see if topical antibiotics are needed and to check for any foreign bodies.
Ophthalmologist . You can either go to an ophthalmologist (md) or an optometrist for an eye infection.

Related Questions

Do I have pink eye or an eye infection, and what's the difference?

Infection v. allergy. Most "pink eyes" are due to allergy or irritation. These cause redness, clear discharge, minimal effect on the vision and sometimes itchiness. Infection is more severe, painful, may drop the vision a good bit and will commonly have swelling and cloudy discharge. If you are uncertain, your ophthalmologist will sort this out for you. Read more...

Is my eye infection anything serious? I heard that most pink eye was not serious, just virus.

Can be serious. You are right that most pink eyes are allergic or viral. But if you vision is changed, there is pain, or pus discharge, then you might have a bacterial infection that needs your ophthalmologist to look at. Read more...

How does pink eye and a regular eye infection differ?

Usually the same. Pink eye is the popular term for conjunctivitis which is usually viral. The eyes can become infected by many different organisms so pink eye is simply a description but not a diagnosis. Read more...