When can I wear eye makeup and contacts after an eye infection?

Depends. Usually your eye doctor will tell you when you can go back into contacts or wear eye makeup after an eye infection. This is why you should have an eye doctor diagnose you first since there are many conditions that can appear with similar symptoms as an infection, but turn out to be a more serious condition.
Makeup. After the infection clears, which may require a week or more...Do not resume makeup until all your symptoms have resolved...If they persist, see your local ophthalmologist...