My husband drank antifreeze and is now having acute kidney failure--how likely is it his kidneys will heal?

Time will tell. Ingestion of anti-freeze, or ethylene glycol, is a potentially life threatening type of poisoning. Glycolates and oxalate crystals damage kidney tubules leading to kidney failure. Hemodialysis is commonly used, and immediate nephrology care is necessary. Some of the damage is reversible, but the degree of permanent damage depends on the severity of poisoning and the patient's ability to heal.
Possible. If it is treated within minutes after drinking and preferably before kidney fails, likely to recover well. It also depends on any pre existing kidney disease. In general, kidney function may recover (at least partially) upto 3-12 months even if someone is on dialysis.