Is tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) effective for ears?

Yes for an infection. It has an antibiotic and a steroid. Another one that is effective is ciprodex.
Not for ear infectio. Is your question that if you have ear infection can you use tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) the answer is that tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) ic opthalmic drops and indicated for acute bacterial eye infection and is not indicated for superficial ear infection for middle ear infections drops are not needed but if you have infection of the ear canal or swimmers ears than you can use Ciprodex which is prep[aration for infection.