I am suffering from low amniotic fluid (38 weeks). Will I be allowed to go over my due late?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: NOT IF you were

My pt ! ask your OB ! the standard of care is if you have oligihydramnios to not go past your due and your afi needs to be followed closely because if it gets down to 5.
0 or lower u need to be delivered without delay, if it is between 5-10 u need to be watched closely , the farther u go the more chance for a cord problem like strangulation or other problems due to the low fluid.

In brief: NOT IF you were

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Amy Herold

In brief: Unlikely

An induction is usually done for low amniotic fluid between 38-40 weeks.
It is a sign that the placenta is starting to not function as well. If your fluid is borderline you will have weekly fluid checks and nonstress tests to look at the baby's heartbeat. An induction is usually done by the due date. If the placenta is starting to not work we would rather have the baby out than in!

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Adam Levy