After having conjunctivitis, how long should I wait before putting on makeup?

Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Ophthalmology
In brief: At least one week
You should wait until the virus runs it course, this is usually 1 week.
I also suggest that you may want to throw away your old eye makeup and start with a new supply when the conjunctivitis is resolved.

In brief: At least one week
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not too long
When treatment is started, it can take 1-2 weeks or longer to resolve the infection.
A rule of thumb is that you can re-start make-up once you have stopped the medicine. But be aware that you may feel or look better before the condition has disappeared, so it is best to ask your doctor when you can start using cosmetics.

In brief: Not too long
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine