What can I do to prevent my eyes from getting heavy and wandering when i'm extremely tired?

Dr. Gary Wortz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Rest

You need to either take a short nap or rest your eyes.
Stimulants like caffeine may help temporarily but i really recommend listening to your body and resting.

In brief: Rest

Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: You should rest more

Although our eyes move together, each has its own set of muscles to control the individual eye.
There is a brain mechanism that normally keeps the two eyes working together. When some people get extremely tired their brains do not do as good a job of keeping the two eyes working together, and they can wander. This is normal but annoying. Some doctors may give glasses but rest is the best answer.

In brief: You should rest more

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Steven Seres