If my eyes get tired easily when reading words on the computer. Does this mean I need glasses?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: It may be so
Tired eyes can be a result of dry eyes or eye strain.
Staring at a computer causes your eyes to blink less frequently, drying them. Dry eyes often cause blurred vision. If artificial tears are placed in the eyes just prior and during computer use do not relieve the sensation, you may want to have your eyes examined for possible computer glasses.

In brief: It may be so
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
2 comments
Dr. Michael Thompson
Also, try looking up and at a distance every 20 minutes or so to reduce eye strain.
Dr. Soheila Rostami
Possibly you need glasses. But it could also mean that you are not blinking enough and your eyes are getting dry during reading. Looking away and blink helps but artificial tears help as well! Try it and see if your eyes feels better.
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology
In brief: Yes, likely
Many patients benefit from glasses to focus at computer distances, as these will reduce eyestrain and relax the eyes.

In brief: Yes, likely
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Arnon Rubin