What happens with type 2 diabetes?

Insulin Resistance. If you have Type2 Diabetese your body does not use insulin properly.This is called Insulin Resistance.At first your Pancreas make extra insulin to make up for it.But over time can not keep up and can not make enough Insulin to keep sugar at normal levels.Your Blood Sugar goes up and you need medicines that work on the insulin resistance along with diet and exrcise.Some may need more than one med.
Insulin resistance. Type 2 diabetes starts with your body becoming resistant to its own Insulin thereby increasing blood sugars (and causing a host of problems too many to list ) after resistance, your body becomes deficient in Insulin and blood sugars go up even more and damage gets compounded. This is an oversimplification but that's the basic idea.