Hi...I just found out that I have gallstones.....I really apreciate your help if i can get an advise what is the best to get as treatment , ?

Dr. John Rimmer
Surgery

In brief: Surgery versus diet

If you have gallstones that are causing symptoms of abdominal pain and nausea or vomiting then the most effective treatment is to have the gallbladder removed surgically .
If you don't have symptoms surgery is not indicated and you should try to avoid fatty food in your diet.

In brief: Surgery versus diet

Dr. John Rimmer
Dr. John Rimmer
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Cholecystectomy

The gallbladder is a gallstone "factory": if we just get rid of the stones and leave the gallbladder, new stones will form. Thankfully, most people have no change in their digestive function w/o the gallbladder. Btw-if you have stones found incidentally but have no symptoms, we do not recommend treatment.

In brief: Cholecystectomy

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Adam Smith