I'm a college student who is required to work on the computer and read a lot. How can I take care of my eyes?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Take a lot of breaks
College is a time when we do a great deal of reading.
While not dangerous to the eyes, strain and dry eyes can be frustrating. Be sure to take a break every 15 to 30 minutes to stare out at a distance, use artificial tears if your eyes feel dry, and try changing what you are doing whenever possible (switch from the computer to a textbook every so often) to change your focus.

In brief: Take a lot of breaks
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: Breaks
Best to rest your eyes occasionally by looking off into the distance, going outside with short breaks.
This is to help prevent glasses prescription from getting stronger while young. If the glasses cause strain or have specific eye complaints, should see an eye care provider.

In brief: Breaks
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Adam Smith