I recently had my gall bladder removed. One week later a kidney stone was detected. Could this develope from surgery or was the stone there for a long time? Pain is same before gall bladder was removed.

In brief: Unrelated

Kidney stone and gallstones would entirely be unrelated, and the kidney stone would not be related to your surgery.
You may still be healing and having surgical discomfort from the gallbladder surgery and the kidney stone may just be present. If the kidney stone is entering or blocking the ureter, then the kidney stone may cause pain.

In brief: Unrelated

Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery