I think I have bad eye strain, but I also have temple pain. Are these related?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: They can be
Eye strain usually occurs when you either stay focused at the same postition for prolonged periods or attempt to focus without glasses when you should be wearing them. Temple pain is not typically associated with this, but can be related to tension headaches.
There are other conditions that cause temple pain and poor vision; see an eye doctor if the pain persists, or worsens or vision decreases.

In brief: They can be
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Samuel Barone
Ophthalmology
In brief: Poosibly
There are many different things that can cause headaches so the first thing to do is to make sure that the eye strain is the reason.
Musles inside the eyes contract when near work (like reading) is being performed. Prolonged periods of such contraction can lead to eye strain and headaches which can radiate to the temples; glasses can support the muscles so they don't have to work as hard.

In brief: Poosibly
Dr. Samuel Barone
Dr. Samuel Barone