I have demo eye glasses with clear glass. When I wear them, my eyes hurt. Is this normal?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: It can be
If you are in need of prescription lenses and wear clear glasses, you may be straining through them. Alternately, the plain lenses may actually not be of very good quality and may be warped.
This can create a "fake prescription" in the lenses that is just enough to affect you. You are better off not wearing the glasses.

In brief: It can be
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology
In brief: Probably not
The demo glasses may have zero power centrally but may induce some distortion at the periphery.
Truly optically flat lenses should have no problem with this.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Gary Hirshfield
Pain may also be due to pressure of the frames on the nose and temples.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine