Why do I have eye strain when I wear glasses. I usually wear contacts.

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Glasses issue

Depending on the power of the lens, and the index of refraction, the glasses can be extra thick for high power prescriptions and cause refractive distortions in the periphery.
Also, for example an aphakic spectacles (someone with no lens) has a lot of these pincushion or barrel effects which are diminished by aphakic contacts since the lens is closer to the refracting surface.

In brief: Glasses issue

Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology

In brief: Distortion

Sometimes patients complain of this.
It is usually caused by a difference in distortion between contacts (less) and glasses (more). Also, the power of the glasses may be incorrect as well - be sure to have this checked out.

In brief: Distortion

Sometimes patients complain of this.
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine