Will compression stockings prevent signs and symptoms of a blood clot in the leg?

NO. While compressions stockings help in the prevention of vein blood clots, their use typically does not hide or mask the signs and symptoms of a leg blood clots. But unfortunately many people with blood clots do not have any symptoms in their legs to let them know that the clot is there. Sometime a pulmonary embolus occurs to the lungs without any warning, even though the clot began in the leg.
No, probably not. While compressions stockings should help in the prevention of venous blood clots, their use should not hide or mask the signs and symptoms of a clot if one forms.