What are the chances of having consecutive children with down's?

In brief: Depends on pattern

This would be rare for classical trisomy 21 but could be very high for a translation 21.
I favor testing all ds infants for their chromasome pattern. If a translocation pattern is found, the parents need chromasome studies to see if one is a balanced carrier. ( ballanced 21 carriers are unaffected and have a piece of a 21 stuck on another chromasome/ but in total have all they need & no extra.

In brief: Depends on pattern

Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: < 1 %

This would be extremely rare even at an advanced maternal age.
If it did happen you and your partner would need to have your chromosomes checked.

In brief: < 1 %

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey