Can I wear an eye patch while driving to correct double vision?

Yes. As long as your field of vision and visual acuity with one eye is still within the legal range. You would have to turn your head to look more, and know that depth perception would be off (need to adjust to monocular cues).
Maybe. An eye patch will most definitely cure double vision caused by eye misalignment (binocular diplopia) but raises other issues regarding visual field and depth perception. Most municipalities allow driving with only one eye - check locally and do what you feel safe with. Hopefully, the problem is only temporary.