What can I take to make it easier to keep my eye open longer until it heals?

Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology
In brief: Artificial tears
I am assuming you have a corneal abrasion and the eye wants to reflexively close.
Artificial tears are best. Topical anesthetics taken over a long period of time can cause problems like an anesthetic corneal ulceration. Sometimes, dilating the pupil can reduce the uncomfortable effect of bright lights.

In brief: Artificial tears
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Ophthalmology
In brief: Contact lens
If you have an abrasion, the best treatment in my opinion is a contact lens to act as a bandage/barrier along with a non steroidal anti-inflammatory eye drop (acular (ketorolac) or equivalent), maybe with an ice pack.
If you are post surgical, ask you surgeon.

In brief: Contact lens
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Paul Holmwood