Can I wear contacts a day after a corneal abrasion?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
If it had been a very tiny abrasion and it had healed in 1 day with no residual dryness or other issues, then the eye might be ready to restart contact lens wear.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Not a good idea
You should not restart contact lens use after acorneal abrasion until thd abrasion is important healed and thd eye feels back to normal.
I usually recommend 5-7 days with no contacts.

In brief: Not a good idea
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology
In brief: Corneal abrasion
Depends.
If your eye md has cleared you to resume wearing , then yes. Often it takes several days before the eye is fully recovered from a corneal abrasion. Plus, the fact that you will be putting the contact lens (foreign body) back on the surface of the eye, you want to make sure it is safe to do so.

In brief: Corneal abrasion
Depends.
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care