Can I continue to wear contacts while I am healing from a corneal abrasion?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Best not to, increased chance for infection, may worsen abrasion during self placement and removal.
Though sometimes a bandage contact lens is placed to help with the pain for a large abrasion.

In brief: No
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
An abrasion on the cornea is a site of potential infection so it's a good idea not to irritate the cornea further with a contact lens.
Sometime we need to place a bandage contact lens for very large or recurrent abrasions but we follow the patient closely and add antibiotic drops. What for clearance from your ophthalmologist before going back to contacts.

In brief: No
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine