When can I start trying to conceive after a miscarriage?

Dr. David Adler
In brief: Wait for one period
Wait for a normal menstrual cycle.
Once that occurs, you may try to get pregnant again. Remember to keep taking your prenatal vitamins, even before you start trying to get pregnant. Good luck!

In brief: Wait for one period
Wait for a normal menstrual cycle.
Dr. David Adler
Dr. David Adler
Dr. Amy Herold
In brief: 2 menstrual cycles
It is possible to get pregnant within a few weeks of a miscarriage before you have had your next period.
I usually advise my patients to wait for a normal menstrual period. Usually the period after a miscarriage is abnormal, it can be early or late, very heavy or light. Wait until you have a normal period to let your body and hormones recover before trying for another pregnancy.

In brief: 2 menstrual cycles
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Adam Levy