Why do I keep losing my vision and getting headaches when standing?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Time for an exam

If you are rather tall, have low blood pressure or are taking certain medications, when you stand up too quickly your blood vessels are too slow to squeeze the blood up to the head and brain, causing a small temporary lack of oxygen.
The brain and eye are very sensitive to even minute decreases in oxygen and respond with your symptoms. You should be evaluated for the underlying cause.

In brief: Time for an exam

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology

In brief: It could be

Any number of reasons, all of which require a thorough physical exam by an internist or even a neurologist.

In brief: It could be

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Vikram Patel