When reading a book or looking at my computer, my vision becomes cloudy and black. Should I be worried?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: See an eye doctor

It is not uncommon for vision to blur when reading or staring at a computer for a long time.
It is less common to have vision black out when performing these tasks. See an eye doctor soon to evaluate the cause of the diminished vision.

In brief: See an eye doctor

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe

The blackness should be differentiated from blurring.
True blackness is a different problem and should be addressed immediately. The blur is usually caused by glasses or dry eyes. These are usually easy to remedy by on ophthalmologist.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. William Forsythe