When I blink, I see a black spot in the corner of my left eye. Should I be worried?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: Floater
If the black spot moves with blinks, then it's likely in the vitreous.
If not new and only one without flashes or decreased vision, may not be anything serious. If it's a fixed black spot, then should be checked out for a potential retinal or brain problem.

In brief: Floater
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
This may signifiy a problem with the retina.
When you blink it stresses the retina with rapid changes in light intensity and may uncover a weaker spot. Should be looked at with a dilated examination by an ophthalmologist.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. William Forsythe