What are the common causes of temporary loss of vision?

Dr. Paul Holmwood
Ophthalmology

In brief: No one best answer

Temporary loss my be innocuous.
Blurred vision from dryness, wrong glasses, medication side effects are temporary but so are many other more serious conditions that may lead to sudden and maybe permanent loss. Mini strokes to the eye or brain, intermittent glaucoma attacks, optic neuritis, small hemorrhages in the eye (diabetics) to name a few. See your eye md asap.

In brief: No one best answer

Temporary loss my be innocuous.
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: There are no common

Temporary loss of vision can be caused by low blood pressure, certain infections and inflammatory processes, concussions, and many other conditions.
Knowing the type of vision loss (dark vision vs. Blurred vision) is helpful.

In brief: There are no common

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz