Is gum bleeding normal after wisdom tooth removal?

Dr. Gary Brown
Dentistry

The gums bleed when the tooth is removed because the blood flow to the tooth is broken and open.
This is common, and should stop quickly if not irritated. Certain medications can slow the clot formation and suction from a cigarette or straw can cause bleeding to continue. It may indicate gingivitis to the area which is normal as brushing and cleaning around an extraction site should be gentle.

Dr. Kim Capehart
Dentistry

After any surgery bleeding is very possible.
I know when I do extractions of any teeth, including wisdom teeth, bleeding and swelling is very common. Please make sure you follow post operative directions to minimize swelling and bleeding.

Dr. Andrea Brand