Should I go to the doctor if I have a broken blood vessel in my eye?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
If you've had one before, it's a red spot on the white part of the eye that is asymptomatic (only noticed by someone else or in the mirror), that does not affect vision or cause pain, etc.
And has been worked up before, then maybe not.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
The most common cause of a conjunctival hemorrhage is dry eye.
This can be worsened by use of anticoagulants such as Aspirin or coumadin (warfarin). Rarely, the burst vessel may be due to extremely high blood pressure or clotting problem. If you have a headache or the hemorrages are recurrent, be seen soon.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Peter Kurzweil