For us boomers who like beef, what serving size (in ounces, before cooking) is optimal? And how many servings per week should one eat? I also eat pork

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Red meat.

I would recommend you limit red meat to 4 ounces once weekly in general.
Pork is a leaner option than red meat, so you can have a similar portion size maybe once or twice per week of that as well. Red meat contains saturated fat which is unhealthy.

In brief: Red meat.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Choices; see my book

The correct question you should ask i s "what should I be eating based on my biology?" do as you wish but the human biology is that of a 90 (note, need not be 100) % whole foods grain-veg-bean = gvb ( fruit, nut and seed) vegetarian.
If that is true & you can see muscles meet the muscles on your abdomen because of low % body fat, then2 palm sized servings a week = all your animal protein intake.

In brief: Choices; see my book

Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine