I've had brown, popped blood vessel in my eye for a couple of years. Can it be removed?

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology
In brief: Sounds like a nevus
Or mole in the eye.
If it has changed it should be evaluated. Blood vessels are not brown.

In brief: Sounds like a nevus
Or mole in the eye.
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Probably not
Brown spots on the eye that do not disappear are usually not blood but rather melanin - a brown skin pigment.
The white of the eye is covered by a thin layer of skin that can have melanin (which makes the skin brown), more often in darker-skinned individuals. Have it evaluated annually to be sure it does not change. It is only removed if there is concern about growth.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Peter Kurzweil