First aid for sciatica?

Sciatica. Meds, exercise, physical therapy including mckenzie centralization techniques, traction, inversion table. Many things are used.
Rest heat NSAIDs. Heat, rest (take pressure off back) and anti inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen or naproxen. Stretch back muscles gently while supine doing pelvic tilts.
Core Exercises. Typically Core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine. I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance.