My doctor said that I have anhedonia. Is it a core symptom of depression or it is indivisual a saperate mental illness?

Dr. Alan Cohen

In brief: Anhedonia

It is not a separate illness.
It is a symptom, often, but not always associated with depression. It means an inability to take pleasure in normally pleasurable activities or experiences. Typically, a patient will describe a lack of feeling towards previously favorite foods, or hobbies, sex, etc.

In brief: Anhedonia

It is not a separate illness.
Dr. Peter Forster

In brief: Loss of Pleasure

Anhedonia refers to a loss of pleasure in activities that used to be enjoyable and it is a core symptom of depression.

In brief: Loss of Pleasure

Dr. Eric Weisman