Would amphetamine improve vision in a person with amblyopia?

Dr. Gary Wortz
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

I don't even know how to begin to draw a connection between these two totally unrelated drug and disease.
Simply put, there is no way this could work.

In brief: No

Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

Amblyopia is caused by the brain being unable to use an eye.
It usually starts in infancy and if not treated by about 5 years of age (give or take), tends to become permanent. Atropine placed in the normal eye while wearing appropriate glasses in the amblyopic eye can improve amblyopia but amphetamines have not been shown to help. After 7-8 years of age, most treatments do not improve vision.

In brief: No

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Shontae Buffington