I have strasbisumus/amblyopia. Will I be able to straighten my eyes with contacts?

Dr. Gary Wortz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Probably not

Unless you have a special form of strabismus called accommodative esotropia contacts will not straighten your eyes.
However if your eyes cross in with your glasses off, and straighten with them on, you may have accommodative esotropia and in that case contacts might straighten your eyes. See your eye doctor to discuss this.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe

Successful amblyopia therapy depends greatly upon the age at which treatment is initiated.
Contact lenses are occasionally used in young children with varying success for amblyopia treatment. Generally, these children have a severe need for glasses and are intolerant of them.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Eric Weisman