I have strasbisumus/amblyopia. Will I be able to straighten my eyes with contacts?

Dr. Gary Wortz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Probably not
Unless you have a special form of strabismus called accommodative esotropia contacts will not straighten your eyes.
However if your eyes cross in with your glasses off, and straighten with them on, you may have accommodative esotropia and in that case contacts might straighten your eyes. See your eye doctor to discuss this.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
Successful amblyopia therapy depends greatly upon the age at which treatment is initiated.
Contact lenses are occasionally used in young children with varying success for amblyopia treatment. Generally, these children have a severe need for glasses and are intolerant of them.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira