Should I plan on resting if I have anemia?

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Depends
It depends on what your symptoms are, how anemic you are, and what activity you plan on doing.
Some people have anemia and don't even know it and don't have any trouble with routine physical exertion. If you blood count is very low and you have other medical problems, this could be an issue. Talk to your doctor about what is right for you.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: No
It really depends on how severe your anemia is.
Anemia is very common in pregnancy. The baby takes your iron stores. Also there is more water in your blood vessels so your blood count looks lower. Take your vitamins, eat lots of greens. Most women are not affected by the typical drop in their blood count and can function.

In brief: No
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Adam Smith