Is it safe to wear colored contact lenses if I have amblyopia in one eye?

Yes. Colored contact lens shouldn't worsen amblyopia. Amblyopia is treated by forcing the brain to use the weaker eye and/or correcting the weaker eye's vision.
NO!!!!!!!! Contact lenses have risks of infection. You have one good eye, you should protect it from surgeons who wish to operate on it. Protect it from injury by always wearing eyeglasses made of polycarbonate or stronger plastic. Protect your good eye from yourself by not putting contact lenses on it. Attached is the photo of a patient who got a contact lens infection and hole on the cornea. I.