What are some ways that I can strengthen my eye muscles? I had amblyopic surgery when I was 3.

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: How old are you now?

Even if surgery and glasses were successful when you were young, it is not uncommon for there to be some changes as you get older, especially if you stopped using your corrective lenses.
Muscle exercises are not a great long-term solution. Either glasses, contacts, muscle surgery or a combination of these will be the most successful. I suggest you see your eye doctor to go over your options.

In brief: How old are you now?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology

In brief: See your eye doctor

There's a certain type of strabismus where eye exercise can help, but most eye most eye muscle problem cannot be helped by eye exercise.
Only your ophthalmologist can evaluate you and discuss if there are any benefits with eye exercises for you.

In brief: See your eye doctor

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery