Brown rice diet for weight loss....?

Dr Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Which type?yes,but..

There is not just one "brown rice diet.
" I do not advise a diet of only brown rice and water. This will result in toxins coming out of your fat and brown rice does not give enough nutritional support to help our body to process these toxins.A brown rice diet with additional organic fruits & vegetables is much healthier, but I do not advise it primarily for weight loss- please see comment for more:.

In brief: Which type?yes,but..

There is not just one "brown rice diet.
Dr Randy Baker
Dr Randy Baker
Dr Randy Baker
You will likely lose significant weight if you follow a brown rice diet for some time, but the problem comes when you stop it- most diets result in only temporary weight loss, with a high liklihood of regaining weight when you stop it, so the best diets for weight loss are long-term changes in diet that you can maintain for years. Some people do best on a low-fat diet like this, others do better on a low-carb diet. There is a new genetic test that can help you to determine which diet strategy might work best for you- see http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/03/04/us-diet-genes-idUSTRE6224UV20100304?feedType=RSS
Dr David Geffner
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Depends on how much

Of it you eat. For most people a calorie is a calorie.

In brief: Depends on how much

Dr David Geffner
Dr David Geffner
Dr Keegan Duchicela